General Dentistry Services
Dental Exam & Cleaning
No matter what your smile needs may be, SMILE! Advanced Dental Center is here to help. However, there is one treatment that you should always make time for in your schedule for your regular dental cleaning and exam. These visits are key to keeping your smile healthy and attractive.
Dental Exam & Cleaning
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office in Summerville, SC. Each time you visit our dental practice for a checkup, we will provide a professional teeth cleaning and dental exam to help your smile stay healthy. During your cleaning and exam, our dental team will:
- Clean your teeth by removing any plaque or tartar (also called dental calculus), which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Floss and polish your teeth for a healthy, bright smile.
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases.
We may utilize dental X-rays to further evaluate your smile and make certain that you receive the dental care you need. Regular dental cleanings and exams are essential in maintaining good oral health, preventing cavities and gum disease, and making sure that any damaging conditions are treated as early as possible.
We recommend that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain or injury. To schedule your next appointment, call us at 843-873-1261.
We look forward to caring for your smile!
Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer rates are on the rise across the U.S. It can be hard to detect in its early stages because the symptoms can be very similar to other health problems. At SMILE! Advanced Dental Center, we offer oral cancer screenings to put your mind at ease or create a plan to address any health issues.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life-threatening. At our office, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentists and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
The following are common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us at 843-873-1261 if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
Request An Appointment
Get In Touch With Us
General dentistry is vital to your continued oral and overall health and includes preventive services, restorative services, cosmetic procedures, and beyond. At SMILE! Advanced Dental Center, we develop customized dental hygiene plans and offer highly personalized solutions using advanced technology to prevent, uncover, and treat problems as early as possible.
Committed To Excellence